November 3, 2011

An update of sorts....

After about 7 1/2 weeks of waiting for the extra document needed on our case, it was finally given to us. (And by us, I mean our agency.) They got it translated, authenticated, signed, sealed, kissed...whatever.

Yesterday we found out from our agency that our case was back at the Embassy...This morning, I had an email from the Embassy confirming that they have our case....they are reviewing the documents and for us to wait 5 days before contacting them for a status update...Not a facebook status update. smile.

5 more days of waiting. Sure. Fine. (i'm soooo done waiting.)

In the last couple of weeks there have been changes with adoption cases at the Embassy in Ethiopia and how they are reviewed and cleared. I won't explain them on here because it just causes unneeded anxiety for me. Bottom line for us is this: In 5 days, we'll hear if our case is clear and that we can go get our boy...Or if it will be sent for further review by USCIS. If that happens, we have no timeline right now as to when he will be home. I guess there is always the chance that the Embassy will have our case reviewed in under 5 days and we'll know sooner. One can hope right?!

Side note: I'm also over hearing the word "case". But I digress.

I'm starting to pack for the trip...Ok..really I'm just throwing things in his crib that we need to take with us..We have our minivan...a place for little (big) chunky cheeks to ride in the car and be tormented by his sisters. I have his outfit picked out for his visa interview. I have his "lil bro" shirt ready for him to wear when we come home. We have his first Denver Bronco outfit ready for him to wear while watching the Broncos continue to stink it up this season with his daddy. We have toys for him to play with that aren't Disney Princess or Strawberry Shortcake. Soon I will go and buy him his Christmas stocking. And his first ornament. His 1st Birthday is closely approaching. I'm hoping he will be diving into birthday cake at home with us.

We have a plan in place for which set of grandparents get to watch the kiddos depending on the timing of when all this works out. My house is not getting clean...That can wait, right? .Most of this adoption is funded. Can't believe that...well yes I can...God knew. God has provided. Why oh why would I ever question Him? All we need now are our airline tickets. And a tiny little email from the Embassy saying "You're all clear"

Please be praying for us these next few days...For peace...for comfort...for wisdom...and to clear. It's time for him to be home with us.

1 comment:

Heidi Partlow said...

Praying for you friend! God is good! Can't wait to celebrate when you are "cleared."