The day after I heard that the Embassy had our file, we had another email from them. My heart stopped...I was so nervous to open it up. They had requested to interview someone regarding our boys file. For privacy reasons, I won't discuss who this person is and how this person is connected to our case, but they want to interview this particular person. Between about 6 emails back and forth between the Embassy and our agency, the interview is scheduled for this Thursday, Ethiopia time. Depending on the results of this interview, that will determine if they require anything else to clear our case, or if they will send us to USCIS for further review...as they have done with so many cases lately. Sigh.
I'm a nervous wreck. Adam and I will be up late Wednesday night praying over this interview. Would you please join us? Please pray for wisdom and discernment. Please pray for a favorable Embassy staff member who is happy that day. Please pray for peace and comfort for Adam and I. We are weary at this point. We are just ready to be "done", so that he can be home and our new life begins with him here. I've said this whole time that in this journey I want to be fully present. Soak up each milestone, each bump along the way, each blessing, each answer to prayer, and each emotion whether good or hard...This has been so hard.
I know God's timing is perfect...I'm not questioning His timing. My faith is not going down hill. If anything it's stronger than ever before...But we are tired. We are emotional. We are weary. We are anxious. We are excited. I had no idea that we could experience every single emotion at once....
And I'm fully aware that this is NOT ABOUT US. It's about our boy. It's about what God is doing through this adoption. That said, while "Being fully present", that has meant sleepless nights, tearful prayers, long and tight hugs, and fighting a spiritual battle over our child. He will come home. He will come home. He will come home. Please, Lord...soon.
5 comments:
Praying for you today, Mama! And we will be praying Wednesday night right along with you. We will lift you up in our thoughts and prayers. I have a goooood feeling about this week. :)
We will definitely be praying with you Wednesday night. It's nice to hear that you're so "present" even if it's draining. I pray God will fill you up with what you need to find inner peace and quiet during these last birthing pains. It's a crazy long road, but you're almost there!!!
Praying for you friend! You can do this! Excited to see God's plans for your family! Love you guys!
We are praying with you friend. Your faith strengthens mine. You are loved!
Hey, starting the prayers right now. Thinking of you and your family and praying for peace in the next few days for you. Mary Rose and Bill Lombardi
Post a Comment