September 26, 2011

The truth is.....

I've decided I'm really not the best blogger. (Not that I ever strive to be!) But I really thought I would be writing more in these last few weeks. The truth is, I only like to write about the "good" things happening...or the exciting things. Well I don't have much of that right now. I've really tried hard to not be a Debbie downer, pity party on me type of girl with this adoption. Sure I've had my moments, and the worst moments have been saved for my husband. (Sorry Adam) But these last few weeks have been full of questions, not knowing, much wondering, and the most popular question of "When is it our turn to bring him home?!?!" Ok I have perspective...I know that he will come home. I know families who are going through unimaginable stuff with their children and bringing them home. (Both overseas and here.)

The truth is, the evil one doesn't want him home. BUT
The truth is, GOD WILL BRING HIM HOME!
The truth is, the evil one wants him to not feel connected. To have a lost look in his eyes. BUT
The truth is, God created us to connect. It won't always be easy or natural, but with a lot of prayer, dedication, tired days and it will happen.
The truth is, the evil one wants to distract me with little things that i turn into a big deal to worry about. BUT
The truth is, God did not give me a spirit of fear. But of TRUTH.

My thoughts are a bit scattered as I write this. Not even sure my point here. We've been blessed to get updated photos of him over the last few weeks. We are so thankful to have a timeline of baby photos to share with him when he is older. I try to be happy when I look at the photos, but last night I was a puddle of tears. He is looking less like a baby and more like a toddler. (and even more like a linebacker :-)

We are waiting for some additional documents to be gathered, translated, and given to the Embassy. We are waiting then for the Embassy to "clear" us. That day will be a very happy day in our house. Like pop open the champagne happy day. Who wants to join us?!

In the coming days I'm going to share some posts of other friends from their blogs. Good stuff. hard stuff. The real stuff with the battle going on for adoption, for orphans, for the least of these.

No comments: