September 6, 2011

Submitted to the Embassy.

Today we were informed that our case has formally been submitted to the U.S. Embassy. This is a BIG step. This is one of the last BIG steps in bringing him home. Just to have our paperwork inside the doors of the Embassy, hey I'll take it. From here the Embassy will review our documents, our son's documents and we wait for them to give us clearance to travel back to Ethiopia. (Well, in so many words-Really I won't tell you all the many things that get to happen while we wait yet again...)

Lately families have waited anywhere from 1 week to 8 weeks for an Embassy Clearance. (I know 2 families on both ends of that spectrum!) So really I couldn't tell you when we'll clear. I'm not even going to guess. (Eek!) Once you clear, you wait another 24ish hours for them to give you your date to come for the visa interview. Usually it's about 2-3 weeks out from clearance. So the clock is ticking....we are waiting with great anticipation & a lot of prayers! Please join us in that!

This weekend we sort of finished moving rooms around to get ready for our little man. I'm focused this week on his room. That mother nesting thing is in full force! Move aside!

Also this weekend we were sent a few updated photos of him. Oh my goodness-He is getting bigger and even more sweet looking. (Stop growing up please!!) It was what we needed while in this dry season of nothingness. Sigh.

Please keep us in your prayers. From the families I've connected with who are a few weeks ahead of us, boy, this last season of waiting seems to be the hardest.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERY situation, by prayer and petition, present your request to God. Philipians 4: 6

Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your path straight. -Proverbs 3: 5 &6

Yes please.

No comments: