Ok I'll hop right to it!
We are still waiting to be submitted to the Embassy. After MOWA approval, they say it takes between 4-6 weeks. Last week was the 4 week mark...Once submitted, the Embassy decides if they want to request more documents on our case....If they do, (and I'm fully expecting them too as has been the case with just about every family lately....) then we get to wait again for additional documents to be received and gathered. I never said I was good at this waiting thing...It's really for the birds. But we just continue to wait, hope, and pray and prepare as best as we can...(read-cry, not sleep, keep working, cry a little more, but really pray like I've never prayed before!)
I'll save you guys my pity party from over the weekend when we were at a retreat and the common question was "How many kids do you have?" And then answering "2...well no, sorry, I have 3 kids..." Still getting used to saying I have 3 kids...You'd think it was more natural...But nothing about my boy on the other side of the world feels natural to me....we feel very incomplete as a family. OK Sorry. NO MORE PITY PARTY!!!!
On a happier note, he got a present in the mail the other day from his Aunt. A sweet small baby blanket with his name on it. I LOVE IT! And it will FOR SURE go with us to pick him up...Also 2 other friends of ours have just returned home in the last couple of weeks from Ethiopia with their children!! And 3 other old & new friends have recently started their own process to adopt from all over the world. Amazing. I love hearing these stories and continuing to see God's promise for the fatherless fulfilled in some of these children's lives.
We are in the process of reorganizing various rooms in our house to get his room ready...This has been quite a project. We aren't done yet. Not even close. Oh and we still need to get a vehicle that is large enough to hold all of us...Meh.
In the meantime of waiting for the US Embassy to tell us to come and get our son, I'll just keep plugging away---enjoying these moments with my girls, the last bit of summer, sleeping through the night, day trips to the mountains, good time with girlfriends, and oh yeah---FOOTBALL season is upon us!
2 comments:
I have been praying for you. To me, when I look at this whole process ahead of me, the stage that you are in right now is where I am going to need the most prayers. Praying for you and your family. :)
Amen to what Missy said!! The part you are in has got to be the least easy of the whole difficult process. I am certainly keeping you, your husband, your girls, and your son lifted in prayer right now.
Post a Comment