So Garage Sale was a success! 2 days of selling stuff and raising money to see our son. Not bad. Thanks to everyone who donated items for us to sell, came by to say hi, and helped us during those 2 days! We met a family adopting 2 special needs girls from China, a grandfather who had twin granddaughters from Sierra Leone, and 2 families that have adopted out of foster care. Those were my favorite moments of the 2 days!
The next few weeks will fly by! I have notepads all over the house with random scribbles on them of things to remember to bring, do, find, etc. Today we got our airline tickets put on hold. That has been a bit stressful. I did this for my job for years and years for our groups. You'd think I was a pro at it, but when it's time for me to go meet our son, I'm like a cat around water-I want to screech and run away.
The hard part is that we won't receive travel clearance until after our preliminary hearing. We don't have to be in Ethiopia for that hearing, but it's a few days before our court appearance. If the preliminary hearing doesn't pass for a variety of reasons, we might not be given clearance to travel for our court...So risk buying tickets with the possibility of not being able to travel yet and lose out on some (a lot!) of money? Or wait and buy tickets at the last minute knowing fares will be through the roof? No good scenario. BUT we found a travel agent that was able to help us with some decisions, get some great tickets on hold until we hear about travel clearance, etc. Phew! After leaving messages with about 5 travel agents, looking online for HOURS and stressing out, we knew that God would bring the right agent, right tickets with the right dates for us when we needed to know about them. So we are breathing a bit easier today.
We are finishing up some vaccinations this week as well. Meh.
Now to start piles of stuff to bring. Begin packing and collecting supplies for the orphanage and transition home. This is the part I was looking forward to for awhile!
The biggest area of prayer right now is for our letter from MOWYCA (Ministry of Women, Youth & Children's Affairs. I think) This letter is a MUST HAVE for you to pass court and for your adoption to be finalized in Ethiopia. If the letter is not ready for our prelim hearing, then we pray for it to be there for our hearing....If it isn't there for our court appearance, then we still appear before the judge, state our intentions, answer their questions, and we come home and wait for it. (Well our adoption agency waits for it for us over in Ethiopia!) It seems hit or miss right now. Some families with our agency had their letter and other didn't. No rhyme or reason to it, the way I understand it.
So please pray for favor for our preliminary hearing in a couple of weeks, pray for the MOWYCA letter to be there. (I have low hopes for it, but God is bigger than a piece of paper, right?!) Pray for good family time the next couple of weeks ad mist all the running around and things to cross of the list.
Until next time!
(Oh my gosh we can't wait to meet HIM!!!!!!!!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment