Baby boy just turned 6 months old. An odd feeling for me. I wish he was home so I could take him to his 6 mo appointment. Sigh. I remember 6 months being such a milestone with both my girls. You get to start solid foods. They still fit in the infant carseat, but are too heavy to cart around anymore in it. They might be sitting up by themselves at this point. I don't know what age they start them on solids over there. Haven't thought about it until now.
Ava-6 months
If he is like Addison, then he is well on his way of sleeping through the night like a champ. If he's like Ava, well then....we have a few more months of that battle. Is he a good sleeper? I don't know. Does he hold the bottle well by himself? I don't know. How does he like to be comforted? I don't know. (that is hard for me right now.) Addison liked to snuggle on our shoulders and fall asleep while sucking her thumb. Ava likes to be cradled. On the left side. What about him? I don't know.
Both girls have their comforts to fall asleep-Addison sucks her thumb and snuggles with her blanket that grandma made her (yes, I know...need to work on breaking the thumb sucking habit, but too many news things/changes right now for our family for me to worry about it.) Ava likes to hold her baby and chew on her bit. (blanket)What are his comforts? Ugh. This is hard. I DON'T KNOW!
Sorry to be a downer. Didn't think it would hit me this hard today. I miss him terribly and I haven't even met him. Soon baby boy. Soon.
Here are a couple pictures of Addison and Ava at 6 months. So in case you wonder what he looks like at this age, think of these pictures, but imagine little boy with big brown eyes and soft smooth perfect brown skin.
No comments:
Post a Comment