December 30, 2010

Our MVP


I love that Rachel and I have been such a good team over the years, and this adoption process has certainly required team work. We may be opposites, but we complement each other very well. I always know that she has my back, and vice versa.

That said, today I want to acknowledge that Rachel is our MVP. She is fearless and compassionate. She has integrity. She has a drive that is unparalleled, in my opinion.

Her heart and vision led me to see the world through the eyes of others, and in particular, the orphan. She has helped me to re-define the term 'family'....and in a good way.

Today I'm watching her use her only free moments to do contract work from home. This has been going on for months as we have committed 100% of Rachel's earnings to our adoption. She is SuperMom for our daughters when they are awake, and SuperMom for our son while our daughters sleep. I know she is tired, and at times, weary. So, today I want to acknowledge that I am the luckiest husband and father in the world...and Rach is our MVP.

No comments: