This week has been in a nutshell.......nutty. (I'm so creative.)
We got some news this week that has taken up an insane amount of time that I wasn't planning on spending this week on the adoption. But that's ok. It's funny how God works. The day we got the news, I called my mom, freaked out, cried a bit and then I was able to move on into being a rational person. (sort of)
It was near the end of the day so we couldn't do anything about it anyways that day.
Then, I lose my voice and I'm totally out of cell phone minutes to make a dozen phone calls and try to "control" the situation. No voice, no minutes, I'm feeling sick....hmmm maybe I should spend the day praying instead...It was God's way of saying "Do you trust me? Do you trust that I am enough? Do you believe me that I love you enough to take care of this? I am ALL you need right now. It WILL be ok!!" After that little "come to Jesus meeting" I felt such a sense of peace and calm....I needed that and didn't realize it.
Adam and I came up with a game plan, got more minutes added to my plan for FREE, my voice is back and things begin to fall into place. A friend totally saved our behind with some documents last night. (Thank you, you know who you are!!!) Other documents were delivered today. The last piece that needed to be worked out involved coordinating 3 peoples schedules to line up perfectly to finish off the last piece of paper we need for our Dossier. Yep, it's going to work out!
Hopefully next week at this time we'll be doing the happy dance that we'll be done with our Dossier...until then I'm going to do my own little happy dance at the blessings God showed us once again this week. His hand is on this adoption...no question about it.
P.S. Today is Orthodox Christmas for many cultures across the world. Including Ethiopia and Russia.
Merry Christmas Ethiopia! and the same to all my friends in the Motherland!
P.P.S. On another note, I smelled some amazing Ethiopian coffee beans today and that was a nice little pick me up!
1 comment:
I love how losing your voice and your phone minutes were both ways of saying, "You don't need to talk right now." I love that God was gracious enough to be so obvious for you when He knew just what you needed. What a fun story! I will be praying that the dossier is indeed done next week and that your happy dance is full of renewed energy and vigor. : )
Post a Comment