However we did drop off our I600A application today. GULP. I never realized how important this piece of paper is. Well, let's just say it's probably one of the most important things we pay for and sign! (And for those that know, you pay a pretty penny with that paper!) It's now out of our hands and now we wait for an appointment for our next set of fingerprints.
This week has been a rollar coaster with my trust in the Lord. I have had moments of doubt, questioning, and insecurity. We've been blessed with so many things... Offers to watch the girls so I could work in the office, donations, and other ways people could support us. I've seen friends get their embassy appointments underway and are bringing their boy home this week. I've been able to set aside quiet time and reflect and refocus. Here's a glimpse into little ways the Lord has reminded me of His goodness:
**Talking with a friend this week and hearing his family's adoption story about their son and God's redemption in their son's life. (If you are looking for a great story, let me know!)
**Having a stranger ask me about my Simply Love shirt and being able to share with them about it. Self portrait in said shirt from yours truly.

**A couple of weeks ago, going to Wal-mart (bleh) and seeing 2 different families there who clearly had adopted beautiful Asian children. What I loved about that moment was that it didn't even seem odd to me to see them. I remember having the thought "Yep, that's they way a family should look."
Our family will look different soon. But only look different to others. For us, it's just our family..the girls with blond hair/blue eyes, and a little boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes. And that is Beautiful.
3 comments:
awe, i love it, and I love you guys SO much. I'm so happy and so excited for you in every way. I can't wait to meet him!! I'll be more than happy to come hang out with the girls, too. Any afternoon. Love you!
Oh' the paper chase can be brutal for the type A in us...you are right, though, there is nothing more worthy of our effort except our passionate following of Christ.
Love this so much for you guys.
Enjoy this Christmas with Adam and the girls.
You are loved.
So beautiful, Rachel! This post brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing your heart and experience with your adoption! I love how you were able to refocus your frustration on "getting it done". That was inspiring to me for just every-day-life stuff. :)
Merry Christmas to you guys!!
Becca
Post a Comment