Today I received word that we got back our State Approval for our Homestudy. Yeah! This means that we can submit our dossier THIS WEEK....It has a couple other stops before it lands in Ethiopia, but WE GET TO SUBMIT IT THIS WEEK (Assuming nothing is wrong or missing or needs to be redone...but I'm still a bit excited!) I read the email from our caseworker while I was at the office today and did a little happy dance for those around. So tonight I'm double checking EVERYTHING and tomorrow I'll make copies of our entire life.
We also have to fill out and send in our I600 application. Woo-hoo!
On a random note, I was hanging out with a friend a couple of weeks ago and I was talking about the adoption and our son. She chuckled and said it was fun to hear me call him our son. I was telling Adam this last night and we realized that when I was pregnant with the girls, we would always just refer to them as the baby. The baby this, the baby that, when the baby comes, etc...Even though we are getting a baby boy, I don't know why, but I still just call him our son. Not baby. Random. Maybe it's because I can't feel a baby move inside me, or I don't see a baby on a sonogram. But he is our son. A son I haven't met, a son that I have no physical reminder that he's ours, and I don't know anything about him yet.
It feels like this weird bubble I'm in. I'm ready for it to pop.
4 comments:
YAYYYYYY!!!! That is SUCH exciting news! I'm so excited for y'all!!!! :)
I am so excited for you guys!!! It is awesome to see the love God has given you for your son! Can't wait to meet him.
So excited for you my friend!
This is wonderful news! I am SO excited for you! Yay!!!
-Sarah Wells
Post a Comment