November 4, 2010

Did you know?


I have a stack of paper and articles literally about 2 inches thick of information from our parenting classes to read about grief & loss in adoption, becoming a transracial family, attachment and bonding issues in adoptions, the list goes on. I will do my best to read through a lot of it....but my brain has been on information overload. I'm ready to focus on the fun part of adoption.....like learning more about our sons birthplace.

So this is the start of my weekly "Ethiopia Fun Facts". You're welcome. Here we go...
-Ethiopia is the 2nd most populous country in Africa with approx 82.5 million peeps.
-They have their own calendar. They go by the Coptic calendar which is about 8 years behind ours. (The Gregorian calendar) So today is Teqemt (??!!) 25, 2003. Makes perfect sense to me.
-You know the Queen of Sheba? Well it's believed (in so many words) that her kingdom was in Ethiopia. (or Yemen) Boom.

Until next week....or until I remember to do it again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great! I am excited to watch your journey to Ethiopia unfold and I am so excited to be a TINY part of it! So happy for you guys.