
I often tell myself that I'm in the middle of an adoption pregnancy....which I am. We are. This adoption stuff is hard. It's not just stuff. It's life. A little boys life. Our sons life. With my daughters I will have plenty of stories to tell them about my pregnancies with both of them. (You kicked me so hard, I loved feeling you move, I got stretch marks, etc.) With my son, I won't have those stories. His birthmother will and that's ok. Adam and I were talking the other night about how this has been different this time around....(Duh.)
-With both girls I had awful morning sickness for about 15 weeks. There was a DAILY reminder for me every single day of my pregnancies that I was going to have a baby. Whether it was the morning sickness, having to remember to take my prenatal vitamins (I doubt his birthmother has access to those), my growing belly, feeling them move, hearing the heartbeat, seeing the ultrasounds, getting up in the middle of the night to pee, rolling over in our bed like I was a beached whale, buying maternity clothes and then of course the LABOR! (not to mention the insane hormones.....sorry Adam)
-With our son, the closest thing I have to an ultrasound or a positive result on a stick, is the fact that we checked a little box on some papers that said "Baby Boy, 0-12 months old". Right now that's the only proof I have that "I'm with child."
-The equivilant of the 1st trimester for pregnancy in adoption would be: Applying to adoption agencies, filling out A TON of paperwork, writing some checks, and getting references from people. Oh and that little thing called a Homestudy.
-2nd trimester is all about the Dossier paperwork, finishing our parenting classes and writing more checks.
-3rd trimester would be getting on the waitlist, getting a referral and traveling for court...then traveling again to bring them home. (This will be the hardest trimester, I am already bracing myself!!)
Right now we are in between 1st and 2nd trimesters, I'd say.
When I was pregnant with my girls I prayed a lot....for healthy pregnancies, calmer hormones and a stomach that wouldn't reject food.
With this "pregnancy" I'm praying so much more. For very different things. Things I didn't even realize would be so hard and good for me. Things drawing me closer to my God. Like cut you to the gut...deep down where you didn't realize you could feel such things. Adam and I are experiencing this adoption together, every day. He is going through all the same emotions I am...the good, the bad, the scary and the ones where we put 100% faith in God's promises. God's promises for our son. I like that my best friend is sharing this journey with me. I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else.
Oh and this time it's not just 9 months and I get a baby....it will be much longer than that... Fabulous.
-With both girls I had awful morning sickness for about 15 weeks. There was a DAILY reminder for me every single day of my pregnancies that I was going to have a baby. Whether it was the morning sickness, having to remember to take my prenatal vitamins (I doubt his birthmother has access to those), my growing belly, feeling them move, hearing the heartbeat, seeing the ultrasounds, getting up in the middle of the night to pee, rolling over in our bed like I was a beached whale, buying maternity clothes and then of course the LABOR! (not to mention the insane hormones.....sorry Adam)
-With our son, the closest thing I have to an ultrasound or a positive result on a stick, is the fact that we checked a little box on some papers that said "Baby Boy, 0-12 months old". Right now that's the only proof I have that "I'm with child."
-The equivilant of the 1st trimester for pregnancy in adoption would be: Applying to adoption agencies, filling out A TON of paperwork, writing some checks, and getting references from people. Oh and that little thing called a Homestudy.
-2nd trimester is all about the Dossier paperwork, finishing our parenting classes and writing more checks.
-3rd trimester would be getting on the waitlist, getting a referral and traveling for court...then traveling again to bring them home. (This will be the hardest trimester, I am already bracing myself!!)
Right now we are in between 1st and 2nd trimesters, I'd say.
When I was pregnant with my girls I prayed a lot....for healthy pregnancies, calmer hormones and a stomach that wouldn't reject food.
With this "pregnancy" I'm praying so much more. For very different things. Things I didn't even realize would be so hard and good for me. Things drawing me closer to my God. Like cut you to the gut...deep down where you didn't realize you could feel such things. Adam and I are experiencing this adoption together, every day. He is going through all the same emotions I am...the good, the bad, the scary and the ones where we put 100% faith in God's promises. God's promises for our son. I like that my best friend is sharing this journey with me. I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else.
Oh and this time it's not just 9 months and I get a baby....it will be much longer than that... Fabulous.
1 comment:
You articulated this so well, Rach! Can't wait to meet Baby Boy Andrews. :)
Post a Comment