The last couple of weeks have been challenging for us. Good, but challenging. We finished our parenting classes and we signed off on our home study report. Both are really good things. We got an unexpected donation for our adoption-A TOTAL BLESSING!!! And I'll never turn those down! We made more payments towards the next items for the adoption. We've filled out more paperwork. I've scanned and copied many documents. We announced on Facebook about us adopting. Again, all good things. But in the middle of it all a few things around us have seemed to fall apart...Business seems to take over.
-A few visits to hospitals for other family members happened. (Everyone is healthy and fine...don't worry) But that alone adds some fun stress ya know?
-Both our daughters have been sick...again.
-I got sick....again. Adam said tonight that his throat is starting to hurt....we are choosing to ignore that for now :-)
-Our microwave broke the morning of Addison's birthday party.
-Car needed to be fixed.
-This past weekend our water at the house wasn't working. We spent the weekend in Denver until we could have a plumber come on Monday in order to not pay double to fix it. Still it was a lot of money we weren't planning on spending this month.
All of these things have been a distraction for us to lose focus on what's important...I can live without a microwave for awhile...(popcorn? Maybe not!) This means I have to make more of an effort to cook without pushing 2 buttons. We survived the lack of water. When I think of the millions of people who don't have water as a luxury, it put it in perspective. And it's a good thing I grew up camping, let's just say!
But through it all, God has shown Himself faithful to us. Whenever we've found ourselves focusing on the distractions, He has brought to our attention other things. We've been able to praise Him through it all.
I've been thinking about our son and his birth mother a lot this week....wondering if his birth mother has access to clean water.....wondering what she does when she gets sick...what kind of medical care she has....she probably doesn't have a car that needs to be fixed....or probably doesn't have a microwave to make popcorn in....
I'm choosing to be grateful in the little things because they actually bring me more JOY.
Such as:
-Addison telling my coworker today with pride that her new brother will be brown. (Melted my heart!)
-Having prayer time with my husband today before the rest of the house woke up.
-Hearing from another friend today "Happy National Adoption Month!"
-Phone calls with friends.
-Coffee.....yes, I will always be grateful for you!
-Seeing my children hug each other when they don't think I'm looking.
Matthew 6:34
Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own.
1 comment:
Rach...some of those exact things happened to us...including the broken microwave, the car needing to be fixed, and water issues that damaged our entire kitchen floor. You're in good company! Keep pressing on.
Post a Comment