October 6, 2010

The Big 10

As we've been telling people of our decision to adopt, we've noticed a pattern among the questions we are asked about it. I call these "The Big 10". I'll share with you what those questions are and then begin answering them over time. These aren't in any order of how they are asked, but you'll get the point.

1) International or Domestic?
2) Why Ethiopia? Or How did you decide that Ethiopia was where you should adopt from?
3) Are you done having your own kids? (MANY thoughts on this by the way!!)
4) Boy or Girl?
5) Age?
6) Special needs or "healthy"?
7) How much will it cost? (Again, MANY thoughts on this one too!!)
8) Why do you want to adopt?
9) When will it be over or done?
10) Are you going to keep his Ethiopian name or rename him?

All good questions...All natural questions..But our answers might not be "good" answers. But they are good for us. You see, I see things in life as very black and white (A strength of mine BUT also a weakness!)...Some things with adoption are extremly black and white and others are very gray....That's something the Lord is refining in me...Seeing things in a shade of gray until they can be figured out. I'll start to answer some of these over time...and my answers might even change a bit or get more complicated or more simple as we go through this journey and process...

No comments: