These posts will be a bit scattered because we've been working on adoption stuff for a couple of months and just now are getting around to sharing our story to bring home our son. I'll never forget when I got the phone call from our Adoption Agency stating that we had been officially approved for their Ethiopian Adoption Program. I was at the office for the day and I saw on my phone the agency calling through. I grabbed some paper and a pen and ran into a small conference room and shut the door. I was nervous because up until this point, quite frankly, it had been a rough ride for me and Adam to even get to the point of selecting an agency and going through the approval process. (Another story for another time!) Lesley on the other end of the phone said "I'm calling to officially accept you into our Adoption Program." It was followed by a lot of other administrative stuff that went in one ear and out the other. I wrote on the paper, "Adoption Agency Approved us!!" and put it up against the window so my co-worker could see what I was yelling and jumping up and down about. I got off the phone, ran to the other side of the office and told my boss the news. (He had recomended this agency to us, -another GOD story for another time!) He gave me a big HIGH FIVE! and then I realized I should probably call Adam and tell him...It was a great day...and I'm excited for more great days as we work to bring him home.
No comments:
Post a Comment