Well I had great hopes for this blog. I realize I get behind on blogging quite easily. The last few weeks have been busy with amazing things. Here you go:
-Traveled to Louisville, KY for the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit. Amazing time. Met great people. We talked non-stop about orphans, trafficking and adoption with so many! Would love to go to it again next year! Thankful that Adam and I got to get away together for it!
-While in Louisville we got to meet our adoption agency and the wonderful people we've been emailing and talking on the phone with over the last year! Bonus! We like them and they like us. It's good.
-2 days after we returned home, we had a friend from Russia and her 2 yo daughter stay with us for 9 days. Sasha is one of our heros. Her story, her strength, her passion and life are an inspiration. It was 9 days filled with all the greatness that Colorado has to offer, she met with the CHC staff, had a dessert/reception in her honor, spoke at a church and she enjoyed cooking for our family almost every night. (I know that seems backwards since we were hosting her, but she insisted, and we loved every bite!)
-Adam had his birthday last week. Fun time with delicious pie and great Mexican food.
-Addison had her last day at "school". Getting ready for VBS for her in a couple of weeks!
On the adoption front here is what's been/is happening:
-We signed our acceptance paperwork of our referral immediately and sent that in. About a week after that, we received confirmation that all our paperwork and our little guys paperwork has been submitted to the court in Ethiopia. This is VERY good news. Now we just wait for a court date to travel and appear before the judge and FINALLY get to meet him. Won't get to bring him home on this trip, but we can hold him, kiss him, pray over him and be with him!
-3 families from our agency that I've connected with on Facebook have traveled for court or are there now for court. So excited for them and I'm totally living vicariously through it. I will be bugging them when they return for notes on what to expect, etc!
-In 2 weeks we have a garage sale to raise money for the adoption. We are on the homestretch in our fundraising efforts, but it's still a long final stretch to go! Every bit helps!
-We'll be getting our shots ASAP for traveling. And by "we" I mean Adam. Muahaha! (Ok I might need a couple of shots, but whatever)
-Quick blurb about the courts in Ethiopia. They close their courts in August and September for the rainy season so no families can go to court during those 2 months. Our hope is that we get a court date for sometime in July...this is not very likely, but we can still pray that way, right? Otherwise it will be the fall before we go...Frankly we're ready to have him home. With us. Here. And those 2 months that they are closed are just pesky to me. I know I can't control this and God's timing is perfect and we trust in that.
1 comment:
fun to find your blog! your girls are adorable! they look like they must be close to our girls ages! it is amazing that you are adopting! can't wait to hear more about this awesome story God is writing for ya'll!
Post a Comment