April 2, 2011

Hey Mr. Postman!!

AAAAHHHH! We finally received our I171H from the fabulous Dept of Homeland Security. If you can't tell by looking at the envelope, I was quick to rip into it to see what was waiting for us! I would post a pic of the actual form, but it's in safe keeping away from little sticky hands running around the house with crayola markers.
Here is our mailbox that we checked EVERYDAY. It's ugly. But it sure looked pretty to me today!

I was driving home with my daughter and stopped to pick up the mail...It was the first piece of mail on top. I pulled out the documents, looked them over, and was really confused. It didn't say that it was the I171 on top or anything. A lot of it just looked mostly like "Hey we got your application, you've been approved to bring an orphan into the U.S., and your paperwork has been sent to another office" lingo...It has our names on it, and some other info, but it just looked like the most unofficial OFFICIAL piece of paper.

I gave it to Adam to look over...he read it, and said "call the agency, see what they say..I don't think this is it...this just looks like confirmation of our application." UGH! I started to fold it up, tried not to say bad words, and then I happened to look at some VERY TINY letters in the bottom corner of the document. There it said it. Form I171-H. Well hallelujah! I don't know why I was so surprised that this (really expensive & and of high importance) piece of paper looked so blah to me. That's ok...Trust me, I'm NOT complaining. Just happy that we have it.


So what now?

-We send it to the agency, they send it to Ethiopia. (With a couple extra steps in there.)

-We are waiting for a referral. Of our baby boy. (Eek!) Ok, I know the waiting sucks....I'm just glad to say that we are waiting. Check with me in a few weeks and see if I'm still so chipper about it :-)

7 comments:

scarlet said...

hooray! i have a friend up here waiting for that form to get their daughter from china. she said that little piece of mail is often tossed because it looks so unofficial. glad you opened yours!

Heidi Partlow said...

Yeah!! So happy for you guys! One step closer. Can't wait to meet this little boy God already has picked for you. Congrats on being that much closer to meeting him!

Anonymous said...

Ecstatic for you guys!!! Hip-hip-HOORAY!!!

Cousin Cathy said...

Wonderful news! You are that much closer to meeting your little son! We are so happy for you. God speed the rest of the process!

Lindsay Partlow said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see a pic!

JNooj said...

This is such wonderful news! We know first hand how hard the waiting is. God Bless!

Matthew Monberg said...

We almost threw ours out because it looks so much like meaningless junk mail. It's crazy isn't it?