I continue to stalk our mailman waiting for our I171H. I'll admit each passing day comes with an ever bigger level of disappointment....Ok it's only been 3 weeks. But I know once that paper arrives, we are 1 step closer to our son. I'm ready to be closer.
Today I've been meditating on Proverbs 3: 5 &6. "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge HIM and He will direct your path."
Some days I do that better than others.
The last few days have actually been great. I was able to have dinner with a friend on Monday night who is starting their adoption from Ethiopia. It was great to sit for a few hours and just talk, listen and encourage each other. It was life giving and I left feeling so refreshed. Thank you! You know who you are!
Yesterday another friend asked Adam and I how we are doing with the fundraising....Just to be asked and know that this friend has been there before, knows how we are feeling, and to offer a little encouragement spoke volumes. Thank you! You know who you are!
Sunday night, Adam and I had a much needed date night. We went to a worship concert that had 6 different Christian bands play all night. While we realized we are getting too old for some of the music and style (Sorry, I don't get the appeal of guys in skinny jeans flipping their Bieber hair about. Maybe if I was still 13...But alas, I'm 31. ugh.), it was still sooo refreshing. At one point, I leaned on Adam's shoulder, teary-eyed and said, "I'm thinking about our baby boy." He said quietly "Me too." The girls stayed home with their favorite baby-sitter. Thank you for being with our girls for hours. You know who you are!!
Today I'm thankful for each face on the letters I'm sending to sponsors. Some are from Ethiopia, other are from Russia. Some of these kids have such Faith, it's an inspiration.
Thursday I'm having dinner with my good friend who just got back from Haiti. I can't wait to hear her stories. I'm thankful for her dedication to her job to help release kids from poverty.
So even in my lame moments of impatience, I'll do my best to continue to be thankful in the big and small, and walk by Faith. Because frankly, we can't get through life (and this adoption journey) any other way.
2 comments:
:) Well said, Rachel. A touching entry. So true, your last comment... will be praying for you. And your mailman! ha
p.s. Jenn(Hannifan)Diekmann
Post a Comment