February 22, 2011

Mailman Stalker?

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I posted....Travel, plus sick family members, plus 2 year old birthday, plus the rest of everyday life has caught up with me. Here is a little recap of the last 2 weeks with the adoption.

-Basically nothing new.

The End.

Just kidding. We are STILL waiting on our I171H form to arrive in the mail from Immigration. Patience has never been a strong virtue of mine. I officially feel like a mailman stalker. Usually I get upset if my PEOPLE Magazine doesn't arrive on time and whenever it does I get super happy and do a little dance. I will be dancing in the street when we get our form back from immigration....Everyday I text Adam to ask him to check the mail on his way home from work. Argh....come on already! I'd like to be put on the official wait list....ready to get off the "official wait and wait some more list. " Blah. (And I know it's only going to get harder from here once we are on the wait list....)

A week ago I traveled to Texas. Adam stayed home with the girls and I went to visit my parents. They had a dessert fundraiser for our adoption at their home. It was such a labor of love for them and I was truly humbled by my time there. It was a nice weekend of meeting their friends and getting to share about our adoption, answer questions and know that we are being supported by people we don't even know. Amazing. And getting to spend time with my sister, brother, and sister-in-law and 3 nephews was just added bonus!

Now that we are mostly done with paperwork stuff, we are able to finally focus more on the other parts of the adoption....like getting ready for another baby in the house! We have started talking about names....nothing yet. I think once we see our referral and pictures of him, that might be easier. The meanings of names are very important to us, so we are already discussing that in great detail... We are talking about when to move the girls into a room together, get baby boys nursery set up, plan our next funding projects for the adoption, file taxes (gag), look into a minivan (don't judge!), etc. So over the next couple of weeks hopefully some of those items will get crossed off the list. I'm looking forward to having things to keep me busy during this waiting game....As if our 2 girls don't keep us busy enough!

Hopefully next post will be of a big smile with our I171H!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love your posts but today what hit me was the quip about buying a minivan... "don't judge." Man- we bought ours in 2006 before our third was born and I was so disgusted that it had come to that!! Now of course I LOVE it. So welcome to soccer mom-hood! haha!
-Sarah