November 30, 2011

It's in Kenya!

This morning we had an email from USCIS in Kenya letting us know that they received our file from Addis. Whoop! At least it arrived (not by goat..ha!) I'm thankful it only took a week to arrive. (Hey I'll celebrate anything at this point!)

The *blah* news in the email is that it said they review cases in approx 30-60 days. Ok I realize that this is their stand issue response time regardless if they review it sooner, this is what they say in every form letter to every family they notify....and I know that it could be shorter than that, but my first thought was "Come on people...seriously? Don't you know that his birthday is coming up and I want him to dive into cake?!?!" (I also realize it could very much be in that time frame too....sigh...)

Where can I afford to spend my energy? I'm choosing to spend it praying that they are bored, or have no back log of cases and want nothing more than to read about our boys case and decide for him to get to come home to Colorado and play in the snow. A.S.A.P....STAT. :-)
(thank you michael c. scott)

No comments: