The day is finally here. Getting on a plane. (well 2 planes) Flying many miles, over a lot of water...hoping for good in-flight movies. :-)
Bags and bins have been filled to the rim with supplies. Diapers, formula, wipes, toys, clothes, bottles, more toys, more clothes. It's amazing.
People have sent last minute texts, emails, facebook posts and even stopped by to see us. We are overwhelmed by so much love and support.
We go to meet our son. He isn't ours yet legally. But in our hearts, our love for him is the same as our daughters. I remember asking friends of ours when we first started the process, "Did you already love your daughter before you even saw a picture?" Of course their answer was "yes". And it's true for us as well.
I know it won't unfold like a Hollywood movie when we see him. It won't be in slow motion....There won't be music playing in the background.(But I'm corny and secretly wish it would)...He'll be asleep when we arrive at the guest house which happens to be on the property of the transition home he'll be in, so I have to wait until the next morning to get my hands on him. He'll probably be freaked out by the big blue eyes of his daddy...and our glaring white skin. He might cry. He might poop on me. Meh...that's ok. I can't wait to tell him, "mommy and daddy are here." I can't wait to call him his name that we chose for him.
My mom is going with us. My mom too was adopted. I'm so excited for her to share in this moment with us. (Plus we needed someone to videotape and take pictures! HA!)
We will miss the girls terribly. They know we are getting on a plane to go see baby brother. They know he is in Ethiopia. They don't understand that we can't bring him home just yet. They will be the best big sisters.
Our court date is a year to the day from when we were accepted by our adoption agency. See, I believe God is in the small fun details too :-)
I can't believe this first trip is finally here. It's surreal. It's big. It's a blessing.
Pray for us as we travel. Pray for our hearts to be moved and changed like never before. I don't want to be the same when I come home. I don't know how you could be.
No comments:
Post a Comment